Each WordPress site we host includes a free Jetpack Premium upgrade. The upgrade includes amazing features, like security scanning, and site backups. You can read about the list of features on this page.
The Pressable Team recommends using Jetpack Premium. The plugin includes features that helps WordPress users run their site. You can add Jetpack Premium for each WordPress site that is on Pressable.
Setting up Jetpack Premium
Jetpack Premium is added on a per site basis. If you wish to add Jetpack Premium, please take the following steps:
- Login to MyPressable at https://my.pressable.com/ .
- Select Settings under the site that will use Jetpack Premium.
- On the site’s Settings panel, you will see a banner that asks you to add Jetpack Premium.
- Click “Activate” to start the connection process. Click OK to continue.
- Once the initial setup is complete you’ll be shown an updated message with a link which will take you to WordPress.com to complete the setup.
- You will see a request to login for WordPress.com on the next screen. You can login to an existing WordPress.com account, or register a new one. WordPress.com powers Jetpack, so a registered account is required. For access to these features make sure you have an administrator user with the email matching your WordPress.com account on your site here at Pressable. If you’re not sure you can verify this at https://WordPress.com/me
Please note: You may have already completed this step if you registered with WordPress.com during sign up at Pressable.
- Once you log into WordPress.com and Approve the Terms of Service Jetpack Premium will automatically be setup.
- That’s it, Jetpack Premium will be activate and the link in MyPressable will be automatically hidden within 24 hours.
Jetpack Premium is active on your WordPress site. You can repeat the same steps if you want to add Jetpack Premium to another site.
Jetpack has a ton of great features. Many of these features will be automatically setup. When you login to your WordPress Administration, Jetpack will be active. Check your Jetpack settings under the Jetpack Menu > Settings. The Jetpack Support site has more information on Jetpack’s features. Read here for information on using Jetpack
The anti-spam service, Akismet, will be activated automatically with your Jetpack Premium Plan. You will receive an email that includes your Akismet key, but you don’t need to do anything with it. The service is already active. You can read more about Akismet here
The VaultPress plugin will also be working in the background. VaultPress contains the security scanning and backup features. The Pressable Team strongly recommends making use of VaultPress. Read here for more information on how to use VaultPress.