We install several plugins on every new WordPress site on our systems to make sure they are optimized to run on our systems. These plugins include WordPress default plugins, tools to make development easier, and required plugins for proper functionality on our systems.
Plugins included with every installation on our systems:
- Akismet – Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
- Jetpack – Jetpack is a WordPress plugin that supercharges your self-hosted WordPress site with the awesome cloud power of WordPress.com. All Pressable sites get Jetpack Premium at no charge ($120 value), this includes backups and a lot more. Click here to learn how to setup Jetpack Premium on your site.
- Gutenberg – As of WordPress 5.x this plugin allows you to use the latest development features of the Gutenberg editor. Otherwise the Gutenberg editor is already built into all sites running WordPress 5.x.
- Classic Editor – The Classic Editor allows you to turn off the Gutenberg editor and continue using WordPress as before. Classic Editor is an official WordPress plugin, and will be fully supported and maintained until at least 2022, or as long as is necessary.
- Batcache – Batcache uses Memcached to store and serve rendered pages.
- Pressable – Plugin that contains functions specific to the Pressable Hosting Environment.
- Gaug.es – Enables Gaug.es on all pages for tracking.