Before doing this, make sure that the domain has been assigned to your Pressable site from the MyPressable Control Panel. Here is a guide on how to add your domain to the site.
There are two options in pointing your domain and going live with Pressable. Use one of the following methods to point your domain to our servers through your registrar’s control panel. We recommend the easy nameserver method.
Option 1: Pointing to Pressable’s nameservers
To do this, you will need to login to your domain registrar’s panel. If you do not know who your registrar is, use https://who.is or any WHOIS lookup tool to check.
Once logged in, edit the domain’s nameservers and point your nameservers to Pressable:
Not sure how to complete these steps? Click the name of your registrar below to find the step by step instructions on how to change your nameservers. If your registrar is not listed, contact them directly.
Note: DNS changes take time to propagate, so don’t panic if your site is unreachable a few minutes after doing the change. Most of the times, DNS changes take 24-48 hours to fully propagate. If you want to confirm if the change has propagated, you can use https://whatsmydns.net to check.
Also, if you already have email hosting for your domain, we recommend getting in touch with us prior to changing the name servers to minimize/prevent any email downtime as we need to add the MX Records and any other DNS records you need.
Option 2. Pointing to A Record
To do this, you will need to login to your DNS provider’s panel. If you want to confirm who your DNS provider is, visit https://whatsmydns.net , enter your domain and select NS from the dropdown list.
Enter A records in your custom DNS settings at your registrar in order to control your own DNS. This option is primarily for advanced users. You will need to add an IP address to point the A record. You can find the specific IP address for your Pressable site in the MyPressable control panel:
- Log in to MyPressable Control Panel
- Click the “Settings” button for the site you want to work on
- Scroll down to the “Launch Your Site” section. Click on the link for Click here for Instructions to do this. Copy the IP address shown here:Note: if you’re adding a second domain scroll to the Additional Domains section.
- In the Additional Domains section the link will say these instructions (see screenshot below). Note that the image below is an example only. Your own site settings will show you the complete IP address you must enter as an A record at your registrar.
- At your registrar, add the A records for both the www and root (@/non-www) versions of your domain, pointing both to the IP address.
Note: A Record changes also take time to propagate and the propagation time is called “TTL.” Most DNS providers allow you to edit or decrease the TTL time when editing your DNS records. Please allow plenty of time for the DNS change to propagate, and be sure to contact your DNS provider if you have questions regarding this.