By default, we use Let’s Encrypt for SSL, however, you can add your own SSL certificate for your site in Pressable! If you are using Cloudflare for SSL click here.
To enable a custom SSL Certificate, please use the following steps:
- Login to the MyPressable Control Panel.
- Select the site you wish to enable SSL for.
- On the settings page, navigate down to the Security Settings section, and you will see the SSL Certificate section, which looks like this:
- Select the ‘manually’ link which will take you to the Edit SSL config page, which looks like this:
- Enter your SSL key, SSL Certification, and SSL Certification Chain (Intermediate Certificates) by either pasting them in or click on the links for upload the file.
- Once you have added your custom SSL key, certification and certification chain, you will need to install a plugin on your site which forces SSL (such as WP Force SSL). Now you’re done!
Please note, you must have a primary domain added to your site before it will work. For information on adding a primary domain, please see this article.
The process is manual, unlike our new SSL tool, so make sure you install your SSL a couple days before you plan to launch your site.
If you need a new CSR generate one using an online tool such as the CSR Generator then contact your certificate authority to have a new certificate generated.
If you do not have an SSL certificate, Pressable offers them for free with every website. Click here to learn more about Pressable and Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificates.